Onychium japonicumRef.: ONYCH 159
Origin : Japan, China, Thailand, Vietnam.
Family : Pteridaceae.
Very finely cut fern hence its nickname , carrot fern. The sterile fronds are tripinnate to quadripinnate and lanceolate. The fertile fronds are taller, more upright, and more finely cut. The rhizome is branching and creeping. It enjoys a cool soil in light shade. Height : 60cm. Hardiness : -15°C.
- Foliage : evergreen
- Height : 30 to 60cm, 60 to 90cm
- Soil type : any, well drained
- Site : walls, rockery, rocks, banks, temporarily dry, veranda, greenhouse, indoor, potted fern
- Exposure : half shade
- Shape : upright, flexible, light, ground cover
- Rhizome : creeping and branching
- Hardiness : down to -12°C (10.4°F)