Onoclea sensilbilisRef.: ONOCL 001
Origin : Eastern North America.
Family : Onocleaceae.
The creeping and branching rhizome produces solitary fronds, forming a dense colony. The fronds are pinnate and the pinnae are lobate, tender-textured, fresh green, with a red margin in spring and copper-coloured in autumn. It is suitable for a cool to moist, acidic soil, or a pond bank, in full sun or shade. It can be invasive. Deciduous. Height : 30/60cm. Hardiness : down to -35°C.
- Foliage : deciduous
- Height : 30 to 60cm
- Soil type : acidic, deep, humusy, peaty
- Site : streams or ponds banks, bogs, cool to moist woods
- Exposure : shade, half shade, sun
- Shape : upright
- Rhizome : creeping and branching
- Hardiness : down to -30°C (-22°F)