Phegopteris decursive-pinnataRef.: PHEGO 005
Origin : Japan, China, Korea, Thailand, India.
Family : Thelypteridaceae.
Japanese beech fern.
The erect rhizome produces numerous root runners. The fronds are downy, in the shape of a feather, high or short, pale green ; they appear early in spring and form colonies of tight bunches. It is a strong ground cover, drought tolerant, suitable for any soil, acidic or alkaline, cool or moist, in shade or medium shade. Deciduous. Height : 30/60cm. Hardiness : -30°C.
- Foliage : deciduous
- Height : 30 to 60cm
- Soil type : any
- Site : streams or ponds banks, cool to moist woods, forest edge, dry to cool woods, mixed borders
- Exposure : shade, half shade
- Shape : upright, ground cover
- Rhizome : creeping and branching
- Hardiness : down to -30°C (-22°F)