Polypodium cambricum 'Hornet'Ref.: POLYP 557
Origin : found by Martin Rickard, near Llandudno in North Wales, in 1983.
Family : Polypodiaceae.
Dwarf polypody, quite strange, slow growing, with narrow fronds, very short pinnae and of unequal length, as gnawed ; the top of the fronds, stretched. For alkaline or acidic soil, well drained, in medium shade or sun according to the region. Evergreen. Height : 10/20cm. Hardiness : -20°C.
- Foliage : evergreen
- Height : less than 30cm
- Soil type : any, well drained
- Site : walls, rockery, rocks, banks, temporarily dry
- Exposure : half shade, sun
- Shape : ground cover
- Rhizome : creeping and branching
- Hardiness : down to -20°C (-4°F)