Polypodium cambricum 'Prestonii'Ref.: POLYP 555
Origin : United Kingdom. Found in north Lancashire in 1871, By Mr Preston.
Family : Polypodiaceae.
Elegant cultivar, slow growing, with light green, angular, lacerated and wavy pinnae, giving a dense and curly look. The rhizome is branching and creeping on the surface. For a drained, humusy and cool soil, in shade or medium shade. Evergreen. Height : 25/30cm. Hardiness : -20°C.
- Foliage : evergreen
- Height : less than 30cm
- Soil type : any, well drained
- Site : walls, rockery, rocks, banks, temporarily dry, potted fern
- Exposure : shade, half shade
- Shape : ground cover
- Rhizome : creeping and branching
- Hardiness : down to -20°C (-4°F)