Woodwardia fimbriataRef.: WOODW 003
Origin : western North America, from British Colombia to California.
Family : Blechnaceae.
Giant chain fern.
This stately fern forms an upright to flared crown. The fronds are lanceolate, light green, and leathery. It enjoys rich and humusy soils, acidic or neutral, always moist, along a stream, a pond, in medium shade. Evergreen in a mild climate. Height : 60/150cm. Hardiness : -10°C.
- Foliage : evergreen
- Height : over 90cm
- Soil type : acidic, deep, humusy, peaty
- Site : streams or ponds banks, bogs, cool to moist woods, potted fern
- Exposure : shade, half shade
- Shape : upright
- Rhizome : cespituous (develops a large number of crowns over the years)
- Hardiness : down to -10°C (14°F)