Polypodium cambricumRef.: POLYP 789
Origin : Mediterranean and Atlantic coasts of Europe.
Family : Polypodiaceae.
Syn. Polypodium australe.
Pinnate broad fronds, with the apex abruptly reduced to a long nib.. The young fronds appear in late summer. The rhizome is branching and creeping on the surface. Although slow growing, it is a strong ground cover, for screes, banks, in a humusy, drained soil, acidic or chalky, in the shade or sun, according to the region. Evergreen. Height : 15/55cm. Hardiness : -20°C.
- Foliage : evergreen
- Height : less than 30cm, 30 to 60cm
- Soil type : any, well drained
- Site : walls, rockery, rocks, banks, temporarily dry, dry to cool woods
- Exposure : half shade, sun
- Shape : ground cover
- Rhizome : creeping and branching
- Hardiness : down to -20°C (-4°F)