Polypodium cambricum 'Grandiceps Fox'Ref.: POLYP 556
Origin : United kingdom. Found at Grange-over-Sands in the Lake district by Mrs Fox, in 1868.
Family : Polypodiaceae.
Polypody with narrow fronds, regularly crested at the tip of the pinnae and at the apex. The crests are slightly undulate. Beautiful and strong ground cover. For cool rockeries, humusy and drained soil, acidic or alkaline, in shade or medium shade. Evergreen. Height : 20/30cm. Hardiness : -20°C.
- Foliage : evergreen
- Height : less than 30cm
- Soil type : any, well drained
- Site : walls, rockery, rocks, banks, temporarily dry, forest edge, dry to cool woods
- Exposure : shade, half shade
- Shape : ground cover
- Rhizome : creeping and branching
- Hardiness : down to -20°C (-4°F)