Polypodium interjectumRef.: POLYP 005
Origin : Europe.
Family : Polypodiaceae.
The lamina is quite broad, gradually reduced to the apex. The young fronds appear in mid summer. The rhizome is creeping on the surface. It is a strong ground-cover, although slow growing. It is suitable for screes, banks, rockeries, in shade or partial sun, in a humusy, drained, acidic or chalky substrate. Evergreen. Height : 15/65cm. Hardiness : -25°C.
- Foliage : evergreen
- Height : less than 30cm, 30 to 60cm
- Soil type : any, well drained
- Site : walls, rockery, rocks, banks, temporarily dry, forest edge, dry to cool woods, mixed borders
- Exposure : shade, half shade
- Shape : upright, ground cover
- Rhizome : creeping and branching
- Hardiness : down to -25°C (-13°F)