Polypodium x shivasiaeRef.: POLYP 930
Origin : Europe. Polypody dedicated to M.G. Shivas who contributed to the cytology and taxonomy of species of Polypodium.
Family : Polypodiaceae.
Hybrid between P. cambricum and P. interjectum. Pinnate broad fronds, with the apex abruptly reduced to a long nib. The young fronds appear in late summer. The rhizome is creeping on the surface. It is a strong ground cover, for screes, banks, in the shade or partial sun, in a humusy and drained, chalky or acidic substrate. Evergreen. Height : 30/60cm. Hardiness : -20°C.
- Foliage : evergreen
- Height : 30 to 60cm
- Soil type : any, well drained
- Site : walls, rockery, rocks, banks, temporarily dry, aquatic, dry to cool woods
- Exposure : shade, half shade
- Shape : ground cover
- Rhizome : creeping and branching
- Hardiness : down to -25°C (-13°F)